Stimulus funding for new hires
Stimulus Funding for new Hires
Great news, a National Emergency grant for On the Job Training funding is availble to employers in L.A..
The grant will pay up to 90% of the wages of all new hires during the first 2 – 3 months for individuals who have been laid off and receiving UI benefits for 26 weeks or more at time of hire.
The grant goes until December 31st 2011 and pays $3,500 for each new hire.
The reimbursement is based on company size:
• 90% of the wage for 50 or less employees
• 75% of the wage for 51 – 249 employees
• 50% of the wage for 250 or more employees
Also covered is up to $300 of the new hires work related expenses:
• Car payment, insurance or registration
• Gas Card or Bus pass
• Utility Bills
• Work Attire, shoes or uniforms
· Valid California Drivers License or ID and Social Security card
· Selective Service Card (Males only)
· Legal right to work verification
· Previous to employment: must have been laid off and receiving or exhausted Unemployment Insurance benefits for more than 26 weeks.
Please call Joan Samuels on 310-405-5931 for more information